Votes:
Untagged users
Your In Game Minecraft Name: Pyr3x_
Date Muted: 11/19/2018
Which Server on A1 you were muted on: Skyblock / All Servers
Who were you muted by: Jennyyy__, ClaraFromSimple
The reason given on the mute message: Don't encourage death
Your view of the events leading to the Mute:

In my view I didn't violate any rules regarding SkyBlock, all I said was "commit die these clouds are blocking my view" to myself, which Jenny, the helper thought I was encouraging death to one of my friends.

She didn't even give me a warning for it if it was against the rules, all she did was mute me for 24 hours with the reason "Don't encourage death" which then turned into a 15 day mute when I later rejoined, and when my friends tried to justify to her about it, she said "Oh, it was a 1 day mute? It was supposed to be 30 days"

Which I think, personally is unjustifiable for a first time offense, and without a proper warning beforehand.
i have health problems
Posted Nov 21, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 21, 18 by Pyr3x_
Donor
Votes:
+2
Noticed
LEVEL 1
Hello there Pyr3x_ , Thank you for taking the time to appeal. Even thought this is your first time offense, we still have to take it seriously. I can see where the confusion has come from but if you were talking to yourself , you shouldn't have typed it into global chat. Since this was typed into global chat, the staff member could not tell if you were directing it at another player. Therefor, she had decided to temporarily mute you.

Again thank you for appealing I hope you have a good rest of your day/night.

Forum staff please close this thread.
Posted Nov 21, 18
Useful
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
I, however, believe that this does not violate any rules stated on the SkyBlock rules thread, as posted by SlyCoyote.

I did not even receive a proper warning beforehand, nor was made aware that it broke any rules.
My friends who were there to witness this, along with another moderator, even agreed that the way that Jennyyy__ and yourself handled the situation in accordance to the rules was inappropriate, and not justifiable for what happened.

Also, I'd like to add in for future references, that the user could have been talking about in-game death, and not real life.

There are always proper steps to handle a situation, and most of the time talking about it would clear up any confusion that both parties would have.

I would also like to have this appeal sent to all the other staff members for review.
i have health problems
Posted Nov 21, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 21, 18 by Pyr3x_
Donor
Votes:
+69
Experienced
LEVEL 4
Pyr3x,

As stated by Clara, A1 staff have to take something such as this very seriously.
If you managed to get yourself to the Skyblock rules thread on the forums, I do not know how you missed this very important thread in News and Announcements.
Important Global Rule Changes
Hello everyone, After the admin team had a discussion with Pete, we've decided that multiple rules server wide will be changed. These changes take effect immediately from the moment this thread is posted. Please note, that any bans from before this will be treated as if the new rule is being enforced.

The thread I have linked above is a global rules change thread. (Note: GLOBAL) In this global rule change thread it states that such punishment will follow with no warning given. The rules are in place to help our players get along and respect each other and staff are there to ensure no conflict ensues.

I believe that this punishment was appropriate and applaud the staff involved due to the possible punishments outlined for suicidal encouragement in the thread listed above.

Thank you for appealing.
Forum staff please lock.
Posted Nov 24, 18 · Last edited Nov 24, 18 by PandaFam
Useful
List
Undo
Account
Recent Threads
Latest Threads
NoticeNotices