Towny Suggestions

6 replies
Donor
Votes:
+45
Liked
LEVEL 3
Okay, I've just decided that today I'm going to make this thread so that all of the players' suggestions are together. This morning, I got on A1Craft Towny, and about 15 minutes later, a guy arrived and was talking about his suggestions for the server, and that he wouldn't of quit if things had changed. The bottom line is that we DO need to spice things up! Remember when New Towny just started up, and the server reached like 50+ players at once? Remember BEFORE that, when the player count went from 2 players on the daily to like 25 when there was that Towny War? Well, I have many suggestions, most of which aren't even mine, which makes it THAT much better, considering that OTHER players believe that Towny can implement something new that can raise Towny's player count. Here they are:

1) Evening out Job Stats - I think almost every Towny player knows the easiest and most efficient way to gain quick money, and that's grinding. But here's the thing - that's one of the big factors when it comes to breaking the server's economy. What I'm trying to pitch is balancing the jobs which players can choose from. For instance, maybe unpopular jobs including Miners, Excavators, Cooks, Brewers, etc, can gain more money, so that players would actually consider participating in that job, instead of just sitting on a grinder for hours on end. Suggested by - TheDude92

2) Additional Features to the Voting System - This is a suggestion which I've already implied before, but I'm going to add it here anyway so that all suggestions are together. Many players have talked about how Voting needs to get buffed somehow so that it meets the standards of the present players. This suggestion has been on-and-off for years now, but the bottom line is that it's true - we need to get players to vote. How exactly? What players are going to vote if they don't get anything in return? Well, this is where it comes to us - us as players - to decide this.
Prizes might include some basic features that help out towns, including beacons, money, etc.
Suggested by - Dustings
On the other hand, maybe additional custom features can be an additional feature, including some sort of invite to a weekly fight, and the winner gets a prize or something.
Suggested by - NahItsRage

3) Invite your mates to come along! I know, I know, what a unique and well-thought out idea! Yeah, well, here's the truth - A1 isn't being advertised. We all know it, and there's no use complaining. How are players supposed to join A1 if they don't even know if it exists? Well, this is where YOU come in. A lot of us play on other servers, whether that may have a similar gameplay to Towny, or whether it may be completely different. Why don't ya have a crack at inviting mates from other servers to come along and join? NOTE - When I say get ya mates to come and join, I do not mean spam on other servers "COME JOIN A1CRAFT.COM". That brings a bad reputation to A1Craft. What I am saying though is that we have now reached rock-bottom, where it's now up to us as players to get others to come along and play on A1Craft.

4) Towny Developer - So, recently AngeloWolf_ has become A1Craft's server Developer, which means that he has access to fix bugs, glitches, etc. Honestly though, we all know that Angelo isn't a magician. He can't be on a sub-server 24/7, let alone be on all of them. So here's what I've been thinking - how about a Developer just for Towny? We all know that Towny gains close to all the players on A1Craft, so we need someone to keep an eye on it. As I have been saying, we need to add some features that puts the server out there, but how on earth are we supposed to accomplish that if we don't have someone to make sure this occurs?
Suggested by - _Scioptic_ (I basically just took his idea from a previous thread)

5) Build Warps - I have talked about this in the past, and staff members have agreed to this proposition. What I'm getting at though is that apparentally they are disabled for some reason, according to AKate47. I believe that if this gets implemented it will raise the player count, as players would want to build and show off their talent to the rest of the server. If you're wandering what Build Warps are, they are signs that allow players to warp to builds that have been completed, so they can fly around and get some inspiration. I've seen this occur on another server, before it got taken down, but I'm telling you, it's a great customised additional feature to the server which I believe should be considered by the Staff.

6) A Revival Chest - This suggestion has also been one that has been on-and-off for quite some time, but has been brought to my attention this morning. This feature involves a chest to be spawned, located at you death place, including all your gear in your inventory. It doesn't disappear - it's there for any player to loot. I believe it's a great idea.
Suggested by - DaddyDraco

7) A Town Clearlag Command - I honestly believe that this command is one of the most useful, as Town Staff members can decide when they want clearlag to commence. For instance, a mayor of a town can do some sort of command designated clearlag to occur in 30 seconds in town borders. NOTE - This doesn't allow Mayors to Clearlag anything in other areas, only within their Town Borders. What they can also do is make it so that clearlag doesn't occur at ALL within town borders.
Suggested by - BlackMessenger

See, I believe that all of these should be considered by Staff Members. Feel free to jot down your own suggestions! :d
Posted Oct 20, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+3,471
Overlord
LEVEL 13
Untagged users
#4 - That's Reilly. I'm not dev on Towny. I don't know a thing about towny, so It would be pretty useless for me to be dev there either way. Just like anyone else though, she's busy with things and can't be on to fix every problem instantly 24/7. Espeically since Towny is a more complicated server, and plugins interfear with eachother all the time and often cause problems
~ Angelo
Posted Oct 21, 18 · Last edited Oct 21, 18 by AngeloWolf...
Donor
Votes:
+45
Liked
LEVEL 3
Okay ang, didn't know that you had nothing to do with Towny. But here's the thing, we all know that the server needs something to boost itself back up with other servers, so I believe that the time and effort of implementing these would come with bigger and better impacts. I know what you're probs thinking, 'easy for you to say, you're not the one doin' all the tricky coding crap' but the truth is I reckon there are more Pros than Cons in this situation, and I hope you see that too! :d
Posted Oct 21, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 21, 18 by NahItsRage
Donor
Votes:
+45
Liked
LEVEL 3
All I'm saying is this - right now, players are leaving A1. I know for a fact that I'm not gonna leave anytime soon, but the fact is that players ARE leaving, because of many reasons. But we've seen previously on Towny that we can get players back if we spice things up, so maybe we could put in an update, a new plugin, whatever floats ya boat!
Posted Oct 23, 18 · OP
Donor
Votes:
+1
Noticed
LEVEL 1
The revival chest would be a good idea but what if someone died on purpose to liter the wild? We'd have grief and trouble if it had a time limit or a cool down on it happening maybe.. As for clear lag I suggest a longer time no command for clear lag for various reasons... Build warps is a good idea for players on the building aspect and working on underrated jobs are good suggestions Good job on those Rage
We do not wear our mental disorders as our costumes
Happy Halloween #MentalHealthAwareness
-TheHatter
Posted Oct 24, 18
Donor
Votes:
+45
Liked
LEVEL 3
Thanks Hatty! Also, congratulations on Towny Mod :d
Posted Oct 24, 18 · OP
Donor
Votes:
+45
Liked
LEVEL 3
Another suggestion - A reset on the TEC. This occurred recently, and I was picked into the TEC, but nothing was actually going on. I decided to leave, as many others did, as everyone was just spitting out their ideas yet not actually doing anything.
Posted Oct 25, 18 · OP
Account
Recent Threads
Latest Threads
NoticeNotices